Oasys are currently seeking an experienced mechanical design engineer who is proficient in the use of SolidWorks and associated Product Data Management (PDM) system. Recent experience of special purpose machinery design and automation is preferred for this role.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Mechanical design for new projects, turning concepts into cost-effective machine designs
• Customisation of existing designs to customer specification
• High accuracy press tool design
• Responsible for all design aspects of projects through to final machine delivery
• Preparation of design packages including CAD models, detail drawings, assembly drawings, pneumatic circuit drawings, Bills-of-Materials and related documentation
• Supplier liaison
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Recent knowledge and experience of designing automated process equipment
• Proficient user of SolidWorks 3D CAD and associated Product Data Management (PDM) System
• Must be able to prepare design concepts, dimension and geometrically tolerance part drawings (to BS8888) and produce assembly drawings
• An ability to design pneumatically actuated systems and associated pneumatic circuit schematics.
• Knowledge and experience of material selection
• Experience of creating detailed Bill-of-Materials
• Value engineering and analysis experience would be beneficial
• A track record of effectively analysing and driving solutions to problems in a fast paced environment
• Able to plan own workload and realistically set and achieve targets in a project based environment
• Good inter-personal skills, team work, hands-on approach and a desire to be involved throughout the entire product life cycle
• A willingness to listen to people and their experiences to generate new ideas and concepts.
• Excellent attention to detail and a right-first-time attitude
• HND / Degree or equivalent experience in relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering or related discipline)
Benefits: Pension and Healthcare