The latest collation machine from Oasys, model OCL450H, has the key advantages of having a compact footprint and a competitive price. This model incorporates the best in practice, from a collation point of view, in that the magnetic stripe overlay is fully in-line guided to print, ultrasonic welding features are utilised as a standard feature and a double blade rotary trim process is utilised to ensure that overlay is consistently trimmed to match the core sheet footprint.
The OCL450H has been developed in response to the demand for high speed semi-automated collation of core and overlay, to create “card sheet sets” ready for the card lamination stage with the ability to easily vary the number of core sheets in the collation set.
The OCL450H combines web fed overlay, with or without magnetic stripe, and combines this with pre-printed core sheets to form between three, four or five layer card sheet sets. Higher substrate layers can be discussed if required.
The system therefore automates the collation processes between printing and lamination.
The OCL range is unique in the following way:
- Enables precise mag stripe overlay location to printed core sheets to be achieved.
- Handles thin gauge overlay down to 40 microns in thickness.
- Retains a high degree of flexibility, with the ability to handle different card formats and numbers of layers in one machine.
- A high speed collation process by one operator can be achieved, typically 450 sheets per hour.
- Ultrasonic welding features
- Double blade rotary trim facility
This cost effective solution represents best in practice for collation.
Download PDF Specification Sheet >